Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Conversation Between the Old Man and a Reporter

*R=Reporter
*OM=Old Man

R: Hello! My name is Pheme and I would like to interview you today.
OM: Hola!
R: I heard your favorite sport is baseball?
OM: Sí! My favorite team will always be the Yankees, they have the great DiMaggio, so they will not loose.
R: I heard you taught the boy, Manolin, to fish?
OM: Sí, he was with me since he was five and I have taught him everything I know. He is with a lucky boat now and can catch fish everyday.
R: But you haven't caught a fish for eight-four days right? How do you feel about that?
OM: You must be patient and not give up. The great DiMaggio had a bone spur and he kept on playing baseball, even though I don't know what a bone spur is, it must have hurt.
R: But then you caught the marlin didn't you? Can you tell to me about that?
OM: Sí, he was a magnificent fish and worthy brother. But my hand got a calambre, and it betrayed me. My head felt faint and dizzy when i was trying to catch him, he tried to escape, but I got him.
R: What sustained you through this?
OM: Well, if the great DiMaggio can still play baseball with bone spurs, then I can stay strong and endure to catch the fish.
R: But the sharks later ate, um, him. How do you feel about that? It took you so much effort to catch him and he just got eaten by the sharks.
OM: It was my pride that ruined him, my magnificent brother. I feel sorrow for him, but I couldn't have done anything for him.
R: Well, I hope you can catch more fish of this size and be able to fish with Manolin. Thanks for your cooperation!
OM: De Nada, I do hope I can fish with him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment